- Cheese Appreciation 2 – from Toronto’s own Cheese Education Guild begins. One class down but I’m sure late registration is possible – if there’s room! Check the website for more info.
- Oregon Cheese Festival – Rogue Creamery, Central Point, Oregon
- Toronto Wine and Cheese Show (March 20-22, 2009) – Billed as Canada’s premier gourmet event, “the Toronto Wine & Cheese Show is known worldwide for its informative and refined selection of gourmet food and award-winning wines. It also features cuisine from renowned restaurants, exciting seminars, beers, single malt whiskies, forthcoming vintages and industry-regarded wine and beer competitions.”
- California’s Artisan Cheese Festival, Petaluma, California.
- The Cheese Boutique’s “Best of the Best” , 7-9 p.m., Coupe Space Event Gallery, 998 Queen St. E., Toronto. $75. An evening of tasting with Cheese Boutique’s Afrim Pristine in a new Leslieville event space.
- South African Cheese Festival – BIEN DONNÉ, on the R45 between Paarl and Franschhoek, South Africa.
Tuesday, April 28th
- Ontario Cheese Society Annual Conference, 8am – 6pm, Hart House, University of Toronto
- Seattle Cheese Festival – Pike Place Market, Seattle.
- Festival des Fromages de Warwick – one stop shopping for Quebec cheeses.
- Nantwich International Cheese Show – Dorfold Hall Park, Nantwich, Cheshire. Billed as the world’s largest cheese show and going strong for over 100 years. Mostly the biggies but with some small dairies represented.
- Cheese 2009! – Bra, Italy. Sponsored by Slow Food International. Check back for regular updates.
- Fromage Voyage – a 10 day Mediterranean Cruise with Cheese Boutique’s Afrim Pristine and Toronto chef Massimo Capra as your hosts.
- Great British Cheese Festival – Cardiff, Wales. A nice follow-up to Bra.
Wisconsin Original Cheese Festival – Madison, Wisconsin